2017/08/09

first draft/Leia GILANTON/ISS2017

Some people, in france, said to me, that the old persons in korean can be very disrespectful with stranger like me, because for him, I look like american or russian with my blond hair and my blue eyes. So, for my first trip in korea, I was a little nervous cause this aspect of the society. But contrary to my think, I was very surprised. The ajumma and the ajusshi was very nice with me and my friends.

My first experience with the ajumma was in Busan, the july 8, I just arrived in Busan and a was very tired, because the 7, we out of the plane at Incheon Airport. So I was tired and hungry because the jet lap and when I waited for the subway, and ajumma came to me and start to spoke me in korean with a very strong busan accent. I speak korean since 2 years, so I can have conversation in korean but, maybe, because the fatigue or the stronger accent, I can't understood the women. So she saw my panic and she spoke to me very slowly and I answer to his questions. The subway stop and she followed me into the car. But when she asked me my age and that I replied " I'm twenty" she was very shocked and the women, another ajumma who heard the conversation, too. I think, she felt sorry but I really don't know why. After that, she plunge this hand in his bag and give me some korean snack. I was surprised and I doesn't know what said. But she just smile and take one snack to eat so I eat too. When I leave because it was my station, she said " bye" with a big smile.

After this event, my feeling about the old people was very better. It's just simple conversation but for old people, speak with young people and exchange about the culture or other thing, it's very precious.

Three days ago, after the university, I was in the subway and I saw a young women who had leg injury. I felt sorry for her because there are so many stairs in korea and the weather was very warm. So, the subway came and together we enter in the car. But all the seating was take. She remains standing and I rest nigh her, if something will happen. And something happened. The subway stop and she overbalance. I catches her and after we start to speak in korean. But three ajumma, who are setting heard us and came, one of the three saw my korean tattoo and catches my arm to read. In korea tattoo is not really accept and old people was, most of the time against tattoo. But the ajumma caress my tattoo and asked me if I know the signification. I said " yes, of course" and she replied " it's a very beautiful quote", and the two others ajumma nods. she ask me too if it's hurt. She was very interested by my tattoo and the young korean women too. And when the three ajumma leave I keep to speak with the young korean girl and an ajusshi came to speak with us and ask about my nationality and france.

During my one month trip in korea, I meet a lots of ajusshi or ajumma who are very kind with me. I think also, he was very curious about my nationality and it's was very interesting to me to exchange with this kind of persons.


No comments:

Post a Comment