2017/08/06

"This Burns My Heart" Reading Response/ Rhee So Hyun/ ISS2017

"This Burns My Heart" Reading Response

This story definitely took me on an emotional roller coaster. Reading just four chapters of this story, I felt so many different emotions- sadness, anger, frustration, joy and relief. Throughout the story, I felt that Soo-Ja was selfish and acted mostly on her wants and desires. Though I felt that she was selfish, I realize that that is how the majority of people act and live. We are all innately selfish people who have many desires and wants. However, there are situations that make us sacrifice our wants and desires. For example, Soo-Ja has to sacrifice her life in Korea to live and work in America to be with her daughter. I could, on a certain level, sympathize with Soo-Ja's feelings as my parents had to sacrifice their lives in Korea and move to Singapore to make a better living to provide better for my brother and I. I now know the sacrifices my parents had made in order to give my brother and I better lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment