2017/08/05

Third first draft/ Vasiliev Iulian/ ISS2017

Life is a series of events. There is one event in any life, which radically changes the future of a person and his life. Our life is a test. We must be able to pass it and learn invaluable experience from it.

When I was 15 years old, there was a tragic event in my life. My grandfather died. Nothing had ever hurt me so much. I still grieve for him. He was very kind, wise, and taught me a lot. Why did this moment change me? Before that, I often postponed meetings because I was always busy doing something. After that sad moment, I became a completely different person. I realized that we need to do everything at once, because you may not have time ... after all, it happened with me ... my grandfather was put in the hospital and I thought that it was not so serious and that he would certainly recover. I planned to visit him three days after I found out about her arrival at the hospital. It was on that ill-fated day, when I was about to visit my beloved grandfather, that they called me and told me the news: my grandfather was no more. It was only after that I realized how stupid and small I was. What can not be so negligent in everything to treat! If I valued every minute and did not postpone everything for later, then I would have had time to kiss him goodbye. How terrible and sad it is to realize that a person changes only when something terrible happens. I did not relize that it could be too late if I treated everything carelessly.

Perhaps many people, when they have lost a loved one, understood that they did not do enough for the one they lost. Now I live by this principle: "Do things now, because there may not be a chance to do it later!" If I had had the chance I would have been with him until the very end, until the last touch of his hand on mine, until his last smile, look, and until his very last breath. And if it were only possible to turn back time, I would hold my grandfather's hand to the very end. I will never forgive myself for my attitude and negligence. The only good thing is that I have become completely different. It was an expensive price to pay to understand and realize this, to grow up and not do stupid things again, and to be what I am now.

After this tragic accident I always try to find more time to spend  time with people close to me. 

3 comments:

  1. So sorry to look into your sad memory...Nowadays, I have thought about my grandparents. They are getting older day by day and I am too busy to visit them. I have an excuse whenever grandparents call and tell me they are missing me a lot. Though I had time to hang out with friends and travel, I didn't even have time to go see my grandparents who is one of the closest to me. Your draft reminded me once again that I have to spend more time with people dear to me. I think your situation is well described in your story so it was easy for me to understand your sorrow that had happened to you. If you depict your emotion in detail you had felt at that moment, you could make your writing more vivid and help it to be more stronger. I believe a writing is powerful which gives reader a feeling of what the writer experienced. I really liked your draft on the whole! -Yujin

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It made me so emotional reading your story, as I lost my grandfather when I was only a bit younger then you. I couldn't go to visit him in the hospital as well and didn't speak to him the days before as his death came so suddenly. I clearly remember the evening my mom got the call and rushed to the hospital. I was with friends and my father at home and I remember being totaly calm finaly hearing the news of his passing away as I could feel what happened but didn't realise it fully. I was more focused on comforting my mother. Only at the day of the funural I realised what happend and I totaly broke down at church. I wish I would have played the flute for him as it was one of the things he really loved. He was a rather cold person. But I couldn't play and I regret it now. So everyone, do what you can as long as your loved ones are around! :) - Kat

    ReplyDelete