2017/07/18

About me- Noemí Fuentes Rosquete/ July 17

Noemí Fuentes 


About me 


I was born in a small island of the Atlantic Ocean, it is in fact so small that most people would not be able to locate it in a world map. Maybe that is the reason why people there have such noisy personalities, to compensate for its small size. In that sense, I don't fit the stereotypes of my people, I am rather a quiet person. My mother always tells me that, unlike my sister, I didn't gave her any problems as a child; I didn't cry much, not even when I was hungry, or angry or lonely. But all my tears must have been waiting for the day I started school, I cried every single morning for 2 years because I didn't want to leave my mom's side, things have change a lot since then, now she is the one who cries when I leave her. My phase of being the most popular girl in school (all eyes were on me) ended when my sister entered kindergarten. At the tender age of 5, it was already time for me to show her who was the bigger person, and finally, my teachers could stop wondering what they were doing so wrong for me to cry that much. In spite of these hardships I managed to have excellent marks until high school, where I became enemies with maths. I have always been more of a book person, I used to bring a book with me everywhere; in the car, in school, and even in family gatherings. Books are a way of discovering new worlds, and there is nothing I love more than discovering. That is why when I ended high school I decided to study languages at university. For me, the learning of languages opens the doors to a new world of opportunities, makes you able to interact with the people at a different level than just knowing a lot of facts about a culture. That is why I'm here today, to learn first-hand about all of you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment