2017/07/25

Real teacher in my whole life/Yujong Cho/ISS2017

< Real teacher In my whole life >

 

Teachers could be not only someone who deliver knowledge but who really help out people who are in trouble.

In this aspect, I would say my real teacher was a platoon leader when I was in the army.

As I was first assigned to my unit, he helped me out a lot.

Normally if you are the last of the team, you do most of work of your team so it would be really harsh time for you. I had been the last of my unit over 5 months and still can't forget that period.

When my team go out for work or training, I have to get up much earlier and make a ready. Not only just about work but some chores like checking up everyone is in the room, organizing everyone's shoes, ironing my seniors' uniform, pulling up all curtains and so on.

While at work, I have to carry most items of equipment and work much more than others. Doing everything more quickly than others is obvious(It was busy season at that time so it made me feel more frustrated).

I felt really stressed, because normally we would have junior under each after 1~2 months we are assigned to team. However, there was not any junior under me quite a long time. But I tried to do my job well. .

Platoon leader of me knew what's going on around me, so he encouraged me a lot to keep up my job a bit more. I had nobody to rely on other than him in those days.

There was actually nothing he could do for me like doing my job instead of me, because we had our own rule in team and I didn't really want that too. However, his words of encouragement supported me mentally and emotionally. Thanks to him I was able to overcome those hard times.

Now, I still keep in contact with him and feel appreciate him. I would say he is my real teacher in whole my life. If he had not been my leader, I would have not overcome early.

1 comment:

  1. Dear, Yujong Cho. I'd like to thank you for your text. Аfter I read your text I understood how it is difficult to be a soldier in Korean army. You suffered a lot and I feel sorry for you. However you didn't tell much about your teacher, focusing more on army life. According to your text and lack of details it feels like he was just using you by acting friendly and encouraging you

    ReplyDelete