2017/07/25

ISS Summer 2017 Repishkova Tatiana

Repishkova Tatiana

The worst teacher ever

Have you ever got a gold medal? I have never, but I was very close to get one. In Russia those students who get all excellent grades for the last four semesters in school and final examinations are awarded a gold medal. Gold medal gives you a bunch of opportunities: scholarship, extra points for a prestigious university and others.  I was a very diligent student dreaming about my medal. In my last semester I gave up on my social life and the only thing that I did was studying. I studied everywhere – in buses, during the break time I used every minute I had. My family encouraged me also promising to go to Europe if I get a medal. However, I had one problem – geometry. Geometry was a class I hated with all of my heart, mostly because of my teacher – a divorced overweighed woman in her 40s who hated her students as well as teaching. All her class was about reading a textbook, so it was a big deal to do well on exams. I had nothing to do but go to private geometry teacher and my grades started to go up. However I had a light hope to get an "A" as my final grade. One day I came along to her and ask if I have a possibility to get an excellent final grade, after few minutes of thinking she said: Yes, but you must do 100 out of 100 on your final next week". I thanked her and went home to start my preparation.  After a week of sleepless nights I got my 100 score and was about to packing my things to go to Europe, However, when I checked my final grades list I   was shocked, letter " B"  was written  next to class name " Geometry". I run to her right away hoping that it was a simple typing mistake but the only thing she said was sorry, I forgot about my promise.  With this" B" letter my flight to Europe was cancelled and my hope to get into a top university disappeared.

No comments:

Post a Comment