2017/07/25

My First Teaching Experience/ Vasilev Iulian/ ISS2017

My First Teaching Experience

In our life there are a lot of things that can change the course of a person's life. It can either make positive impact or a negative impact on a person's life. It's always great to have positive impact though.

I would like to talk about my first teaching experience. My first experience as a teacher was very interesting and challenging. In this year from January 13 to February 28 I took part in the "Good Manufacturing Practice" at the school. It was one of the important experiences of my life. I have always loved children, so I have been waiting for the day when I will work as a teacher at school. But subhead of school told me that I will be teaching for the high school students (grade 9), so I got a little worried. By the way, I was interested and enthusiastic to teach Korean to adults students. There were thirty four students in my class, seventeen girls and seventeen boys.

Everything was new for me the school, environment, colleagues and students as well. I was surprised when my first lesson in the classroom went better than I expected. Every day I teach them a new grammar and new words. Though the learning content was not difficult, coming up with seven weeks worth of lesson plans was something that I had never done before. Throughout my GMP at school the most difficult thing for me was how to figure out what I should do for every day, but after few days working as a teacher, the process got a little bit easier, and I started getting more creative with the lessons. Every day working as a teacher I was feeling self-confidence with students.

Sometimes I faced difficulties in explaining a new grammar to the class, because in my class there were lazy students who did not want to study. At the first time, I felt very nervous but then I controlled it and moved on teaching.

My first teaching experience gave me an answer to the question what it means to be a teacher. I have learn a lot of things about the school and the amount of work that the teachers need to do in order to the school is finished by well-educated students. I always knew that coming up with lesson plans was not easy, so I'm glad that I was able to have this experience prepare me for it in the future. Also during the lessons I learned that I do not have a good sense of time, so now I'm sure the schedule of what will be done at what time is necessary.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment