2017/07/25

Teachers / Katharina Kosmalla / ISS2017

In my school years, I've had many different teachers. Some of them I really liked attending to their classes and in classes of other teachers I always wanted the lesson to be over. When I was in High School I had this one teacher, who will always stay on my mind as a really good teacher and sometimes really frightening as well. From grade eight or nine on she was my chemistry teacher. When I chose chemistry as one of my main subjects for my two last years in school she became my advanced chemistry teacher as well. What made her a good teacher was the fact that she was very fair to every student. She never treated one person different than the other, no matter how good or bad they were in class. Her classes were well structured and we actually learned a lot. What also made her a good teacher was her aura. Whenever she was in the room and held her classes, no one was talking. When she wasn't speaking sometimes you would've heard a needle falling to the ground. But because her classes were hard it made her very scary at some points as well. At least for students like me who weren't as good as others.

Whenever she asked a question and it was again dead still in the room everyone was thinking the same. If our 'cracks' in class won't answer, she will pick someone to answer and for me that was always the scariest part of my day. I would sit on my chair, looking down on my books and putting on my ''still thinking'' face, hoping she will pick someone else. Luckily most of the time I got away, without minutes of awkward questioning because of her, trying to bring me to the right answer.

I had some other teachers similar to her and others that I couldn't respect at all, but her classes will always be on my mind, when I think about teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment