2017/07/19

Barriers/Vasilev Iulian/ ISS2017

After reading "Barriers" the essay left a strong impression in my mind and gives me encouragement to face my new student life in Seoul. This essay tells about how Ronaldo Niella had managed to survive when he played tennis and he had communicated with people. Even he has been studying English for several years, he still can not express his point and he also made some embarrassed mistakes when he communicated with others. I think that all students who learning a foreign language and studying in a foreign country faced with this problem. And everybody knows that living in a foreign country is not an easy thing.

As I mentioned earlier life in foreign country is always difficult for the first time, but if you pay many efforts, there is no difficult that cannot be defeated. Just like Rolando Niella, he used to be a foreign student in the United States, and did not know what to do, but now, he works in fashion and textile industry and even he writes novels. I think that it is a great success for a foreigner! In the end of his essay, he wrote "if you are a foreign student, do not be depressed. I believe that in the long run there will be a reward, a better understanding of ourselves and the vital phenomenon of communication." From these words I realized that to improve my English, Korean and Chinese I should be more self-confident and do not be shy when I communicate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment