2017/07/17

Post to Blog/ Katharina Kosmalla - self introduction/ ISS2017

Being myself and traveling

Hello everyone, my name is Katharina but outside of my home country I mostly go by Kat. I am a twenty-year-old Korean-Studies student from Hamburg, Germany and I am currently living in Korea as an exchange student for about two months. Actually, it is my first time visiting Korea so I am very excited. To get to know me better I would like to tell you a bit about myself.

I would describe myself as a very open minded, friendly and reliable person. At least that is also what my friends would tell you about me. I love to meet and get to know new people from all over the world, visit new countries and learn about their culture and country. My love for traveling probably started at the age of eleven. At that time I firstly took part at the ,Children International Summer Village' where us kids, from eleven different countries stayed together in a camp for one month. Though I was really shy back then and it was not easy at all at some points, the experience helped me a lot growing up and I would have never wanted to miss that opportunity growing up.

Going on, I stayed at a Canadian High School for three months when I was sixteen and went on traveling the world after I finished High School. The experiences I had during my one-year stay in New Zealand made me furthermore learn a lot about myself.

I really love to be around people and have fun with my friends as well as being around my family who are a very important part of my live. As soon as my brother was born I looked out for him like a third parent, no matter if my parents were around or not. Being in his early teens he thought I was so annoying but nowadays we have a really close relationship. 

 But as well as I like to be around people I need to have my alone time as well. During that time, I just like to listen to music, sing or go out for a run as well as working out at home. Recently I started to go to dance classes again and during University time it became the highlight of my week and source of regaining my energy. As I can be lazy sometimes, nowadays I try more and more to work for my goals and be the better part of myself as often as I can. Therefore, I will work on improving my writing skills on this class and have a wonderful time with all of you.

2 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you Kat ^^ i hope we will become friendly in the future ^^
    Gilanton Leia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so interesting to talk you you as well today. You have different interests as most people and I hope to hear more about your plans as a teacher and live in France as well.
      - Kat

      Delete