2017/07/17

 Repishkova Tatiana

Academic English reading & writing

Briefly about my life

I was born in the small Russian town named Novocherkassk near to the Black sea where people speak with a light southern accent and proud of their history. You can often here from Russian people those words: "born to live as a rat will never die as a cat". As many Russian people I also could only dream about foreign countries flipping the colored pages of geography books. After I graduated from high school I failed my entrance exam to the university I wanted to get in, so I had nothing to do, but to use Plan B and go to the university for which my grades were good enough. That was how I became a student majoring in Asian Studies. In my major it was a mandatory thing to study one of the Asian languages and I, who had never been interested in Asia, randomly chose Korean language. After 3 years struggling to learn Korean, I wanted to find a use for those knowledge I had spent a lot of time on and get away from the provincial town I had been living for 19 years Finally, my dream became true and I became an undergraduate student in HUFS. However, I did not want to continue my Korean studies, I wanted to kill two birds with one stone – practice Korean and study a new language. My choice fell on Scandinavian languages and, my choice, as it was before, was random. But now I think that my pick was not random at all -  yes, it was made subconsciously, but your subconscious understands much more than your conscious. 

1 comment:

  1. I think it's so amazing how you got the courage to kind of start a new live in an totaly different counrty, after living in a province all your live! If I wouldn't have expirienced traveling from a young age I think I would've been to afraid to do so. - Kat (Katharina K.)

    ReplyDelete