2017/07/19

Journal Entry

Noemí Fuentes 


Journal Entry 



Even if there are parts with which I can feel more related than others, this whole essay made me realize how fate plays a big part in the direction of our lives. The moments we have lived, the experiences we've been through are what makes us who we are. There are always events that we consider the highlight of our lives, and that makes me wonder if I had made different choices in the past, would I be the same person that I am today?. But fortunately I can't know the answer, I don't want to live regretting what could have happened or questioning all my past decisions. Dwelling on things we can not change is not worth it, we need to accept life as it comes and try to make the best out of it.



"I was eighteen then and a drop-out, but I was deep into the wonderful world of literature and life."


This phrase has to be one of my favorites of the essay. If you've read through all of it you'd know he was kind of lost in life, being a drop-out and working in a district where most of the people were white and treated him like a second-class citizen, especially in the drugstore. However, it was in that place he dreaded where he found his passion in life. This phrase proves that your life doesn't have to be perfect for you to find happiness, just doing what you love is enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment