2017/07/25

My Favorite Teacher/ Rhee So Hyun/ ISS2017

My Favorite Teacher

I never really had a favorite teacher. Growing up, all my teachers were the same in my eyes. They came to class, taught us a few concepts, gave us assignments, and ended the class. I had subjects and classes that I liked. For example, English Literature was my favorite subject but that did not mean that my English Literature teacher was a teacher whom I liked. Therefore, all the way till University, I thought that it was impossible for me to have a favorite teacher.

However, during my second semester of my sophomore year in University, I took a Drama class which changed my life. The teacher of the Drama class, Professor Kwang, was quiet and soft-spoken. I did not think much of her until she started teaching her first class. I was blown away. She was so passionate about Drama in such a subtle way that the passion rubbed off on me, without even me noticing. I was never a passionate person and rarely had a passion for anything. However, after taking her class, her passion truly did rub off on me and I learnt what passion was. She was always respectful of everyone's opinions and made me feel that my thoughts and opinions truly mattered.

Being such a passionate teacher, she truly wanted us to learn and taught me what passion and true education and learning was.

No comments:

Post a Comment